SAFETY AND CERTIFICATION OF MACHINES AND PRODUCTION LINES
We conduct safety assessments (assessment of compliance with minimum and basic requirements in accordance with the Use of Work Equipment Directive and Machine Directive), of production lines, machines and their control systems in various industry sectors and production technology sectors. the assessment process includes three stages.
The first stage involves auditing a machine in the place of its operation. During the audit activities auditors collect information about the machine, its operation, photographic documentation, checks technical documentation, performs measurements and tests safeguards tests.
The second stage involves preparation of audit reports that include the following information:
- Determination of limitations of a machine;
- Identification of hazards;
- Risk assessment;
- Risk evaluation;
- Analysis of the control system (determination of a control category in accordance with PN-EN 954-1 or determination of "Performance Level " (abbreviated as PL) in accordance with PN-EN ISO 13849-1;
- Assessment of correctness of risk reduction measures used or suggesting the same;
- Assessment of a machine structure;
- Assessment of information relating to the machine and accompanying documentation;
- Indication of all inconsistencies in the machine in the light of the current provisions,
- Consolations and adjustment recommendations.
The third stage involves validation of a machine or line following adjustment works resulting from the report (the second stage). This activity is followed by an audit report, which relates to comments included in the main audit and modifications performed.
Moreover, as based on knowledge in the field of machine safety we design safe machine control systems (electric and air systems) using Electric P8 and safety relays or programmable safety controllers (Sick Flexi Soft, Pilz Pnoz Multi, Omron G9SP, Mitsubishi MELSEC-WS).
We also deal with adjustment projects for machines that have to comply with the current provisions, considering complexity of a given problem – starting from a designed solution, through ordering components, assembling a machine at the customer’s place and ending with validation of the machine. Systems built by us and other entities should be serviced on a regular basis and their safeguarding systems should be subject to tests (light curtains, door switches, locks, scanners etc.), which are also included in our offer.